Cannondale Caad 8, NOT IMPRESSED!!

JG11's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Cannondale Caad 8, NOT IMPRESSED!! ”

Written on: 14/10/2012 by JG11 (1 review written)

I bought this bike on a cycle to work scheme, thinking it would be a solid bike after speaking to your staff. I have had to return this bike for faulty bottom bracket bearings, faulty seat collar and now after about 2000 miles i am having to replace the spokes in my wheel every 26 miles.

Evans have been fine having all this work done under warranty up until now,Although the parts took weeks to be replaced. I have only had this bike 5 - 6 months and it has spent 4-5 weeks in the work shop in that time, i picked the bike back up on the 6th October after it spending 2 weeks in the work shop i have cycled 26 miles to work and on the way home a spoke broke, after the manager Paul telling me the wheel had been rebuilt like a hand built wheel and it would be a lot stronger now. Stronger to me is that i get a lot more than 26 miles out of a wheel before the spokes the break.

I was told that my bike is not built to do 150 miles a week without a full service, totally and utterly fed up with my experience, No compenssation and no mention of extended warranties on a bike that is not up to the job of commuting 150 miles a week, it cost me over £1000. I have had to upgrade breaks, because rubbish now need wheels??

• Cannondale CAAD 8 £1049