Power Wheel CycleOps power meter

chrisgoslar's review of CycloHire.co.uk

“Power Wheel CycleOps power meter”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by chrisgoslar (2 reviews written)

I made initially made contact with CycloHire.co.uk by email as I was looking to hire a power meter. They were quick to respond and their correspondence and communications has been good throughout.

When I did finally decide which power meter to go for, I paid a deposit and received the CycleOps wheel the next day.

I had to install a cassette, tube and tyre on the wheel however I found that it linked to my Garmin 810 straight away and it was very easy to set-up.

However it stopped working during my first long ride. I sent a quick email through to CycloHire.co.uk and immediately got a response suspecting the battery. I was give the option to return the wheel for them to replace the batter or to do it myself with a tool and new batteries supplied. I went for the latter and was relieved to receive the tool and the new batteries the very next day so no time lost. Again, as promised - the battery change was very easy.

Since then, I received an email prior to the monthly anniversary asking me if I wanted to keep the wheel for another month. When I did, I simply made a payment to cover this off.

All in all, CycloHire.co.uk provided a great product that did exactly what they said it would, great service and a very fast delivery response.

I would highly recommend them.

• CycleOps power wheel rental