Great bike at a great price. Slow delivery.

Harmony2376's review of Cycle Gear UKBikes Depot - www.ukbikesdepot.com

“Great bike at a great price. Slow delivery.”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by Harmony2376 (1 review written)

Having toured around all the local bike shops and narrowed down what I wanted, I found a great deal on a 2014 RIDGEBACK Speed Mens Ex-Display Hybrid Bike for £199.99. There are a couple of Ex-Display scratches on the frame, but for a great price I dont mind that at all.
The bike is light, sturdy and has all the bells and whistles I need, without spending a fortune. The trigger shifters are wonderful and the handlebar grips are supremely comfy.
The website said it would take a couple of days for them to assemble it. Actually it took 10days, which was really annoyingly slow for an online shop. When I phoned to check, they said my bike was 35th on the list. Letting me know this when I ordered would have made the wait much more bearable. Think they should amend the website with their current estimated build time.
Once dispatched, communication was great and it arrived next day. Yay :)
Luckily I found a YouTube video to show me how to assemble it. Otherwise the handlebars would have been backwards and the front tyre too !! I'm an intelligent person, but I have never built a bike before. Some written instructions wouldn't go amiss.

• Fantastic product cheaper than anywhere else

• Up to a week late

Ukbikesdepot's Response to Harmony2376's Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

Hi,

Thanks for the review.

If were not mistaken it was an ex-display model that you bought so the cosmetic marks were to be expect, if not please get in touch so we can rectify this.

Also the website states 1-5 days for dispatch but at busy times this can take longer. We apologise for taking longer and we have now got extra staff to cope with the backlog so this wont be happening again. We also have options of 24, 48 and a Saturday delivery if you wanted the bike quicker.

For future reference we have assembly instructions on our site for the bikes.

Many thanks