Terrible Customer Service & Slow Delivery

Robinsonvq349's review of Cycle Gear UKBikes Depot - www.ukbikesdepot.com

“Terrible Customer Service & Slow Delivery”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Robinsonvq349 (1 review written)

I ordered a bike on a Thursday afternoon & expected 'fast, free delivery' as stated on their website. A week later I decided to call up & ask where the bike was as I had not receieved any commmunication since the order confirmation; The gentleman on the phone said that I can expect the bike to be dispatched today (The Wednesday) or at the very latest the Thursday. Friday came and still no bike, so I called up the store again on the Friday morning and spoke to a gentleman who suggested that I was "top 3" on the list and he would give me next day Saturday delivery as I had been waiting so long. I waited in on the Saturday morning for my bike and nothing came. As not to waste a whole day I rang the store about midday and asked them if the bike was coming today; I spoke to the same gentleman that I had spoken to on the Friday. He told me that the bike was not going to be delivered, they dont actually have the bike I ordered and that he was told late on the Friday night that there was no stock. However nobody from the company got in touch with me to tell me this, not even an email to apologise and suggest I dont need to wait in! The gentleman was so rude on the phone, it had been 9 days, I didnt have the bike, they didnt have the bike and nobody bothered to communicate this with me! He was sarcastic, unapologetic and really didnt care.

I finally got the bike delivered on day 12. The value for money on this website is great & I am very happy with the bike. It was just the lack of consideration, communication and the sheer rudeness of a member of staff that has put me off this company.

• Goods purchased & cost

• A few weeks late

Ukbikesdepot's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2014

Robinsonvq349,

Thanks for the review.

Apologies you have experienced some trouble.

The long delay was due to staff absences and an unexpected surge in orders. We have now taken on more staff to tackle the orders. It is stated on the website that normally dispatch is normally completed in 1-5 working days and at busy times this can go up slightly.

If you can drop us an email with details of the phone call with names and your order details I can sort the mistake that's happened and sort out who you spoke to so this does not happen again.

Many thanks