Returns Policy

corvustechnology's review of Cotswold Outdoor www.cotswoldoutdoor.com

“Returns Policy”

Written on: 26/08/2013 by corvustechnology (1 review written)

Before you buy make you sure you read and understand the implications of Cotswold Outdoor returns policy. I recently bought a pair of shorts for £25 plus £3.95 p&p. When they arrived they were far too big for the size stated (manufacturers sizing vary considerably. The cut and style were also hard to judge from the single photo of the product). When I returned the shorts (at my expense costing £4.95) the smaller sizes were unavailable. If a. The product had been faulty or b. an error had been committed by Cotswold I would probably have got the delivery postage refunded. I am not sure about the returns postage, their web-site is vague on this. Instead, Cotswold argued that neither of the above conditions applied therefore they would not refund the delivery or returns postage. It basically cost me nearly £10 to try on a pair of shorts. 'This is fairly standard practice for online shops' I can hear you say. Well, not all shops have this policy. In future I will do my online shopping at places like Chain Reaction Cycles and others where delivery and returns postage is free regardless of the issue you have with a product.
When I wrote to Cotswold to tell them of my shopping experience with them the email reply stated that it would be passed on to a manager for consideration and a response. Needless to say I have heard nothing further.

• Outdoor Research Shorts £25.00 plus £3.95 P&P