Poor quality, very late delivery - that is CRC

Guest's review of Chain Reaction Cycles www.chainreactioncycles.com

“Poor quality, very late delivery - that is CRC”

Written on: 09/03/2013

I have made a bigger order 11.02.13, and it was split in two. Tyres and helmet came first - 07.03.13 - almost a MONTH since the order was placed! The other, larger part of order is NOT delivered yet.

The main problem it therefore delivery. CRC greatly economize on the post costs and choose the poorest and - chipest - options. Which means you need to wait more then 30 days for the parcel to come, if you live in Russia, like me. And I live not in a far Siberia, but in a big city, St. Petersburg, close to Moscow, where obiously all the parcels are being sent.

I don`t know about delivery to other countries, but here it is a total fiasco. The parcel service of EMS Russian Post, which CRC has opted for as a vendor of postage services just sucks! I have repeatedly contacted them and told them my address and full name, but they call me and tell me there is "something missing in the address - my name". Stupid idiots.

And this is to the level of service, CRC provides to its customers.

Now to the quality of goods.

My good friend has bought a lot of high price and high performance items from CRC recently, but inspite of the price and rating, the faulted totally. The cranck hub branded HOPE - was hopelesslly broken after just a pair of thousands km, which is absolutely 3 times under the max. for such a hub. The friend had to change the bearings himself and didn`t send the cranck hub to CRC, as I told him.

Next time, the same HOPE - and now - the rear wheel hub, which had the several spoke wholes disintegrated totally, as if the hub was made of soft alumunium. And it is a clear quality problem for the HOPE rear wheel hub.

And as far as I remember, he had some other serious troubles with HOPE components on his bike, I don`t remember which.

Yes, CRC covers such issues by their warranty, but in combination with poorest delivery I have ever experienced it gives a very low rating for CRC from my side and feeling, that company has not managed to respect its customers in full.

I would definetly NOT use CRC next time I have to bye a bicycle component.

• A long list, ca. 1400 USD