Very positive experience

Guest's review of Bikes 2U Direct www.bikes2udirect.com

“Very positive experience”

Written on: 03/12/2012

Sharing my first experience with Bikes 2U Direct. Short story – fast order processing, great customer service, definitely would recommend to friend!
Full story: ordered Viking Trekking fixed wheel, the bike was delivered next day, order update emails were helpful, bike delivered by Yodel with no delays (in Berks) - all smooth.
Packaging was a bit loose, some holes in the cardboard, yet I did not notice any damage to contents. Assembly was straight forward - attach front wheel, assemble seat, attach handlebars, pedals, inflate tires, attach cat eyes, check all bolts and nuts. There was no manual but I never needed one. During the assembly I’ve noted that one of the nuts from the front wheel was missing. Very same evening I have submitted a ticket to customer service via website, next morning received email back saying new nut is in the post and apologies, nut arrived first class day after. Later noted lump on the rear tire, got in touch, submitted a picture - received reply next morning, saying that tire looks faulty, and that a new tire is in the post.
Bike is joy to ride - been out on a couple of 25+ miles rides, and almost every day 3-5 miles for about two weeks now. All works well, good brakes, after couple of rides I’ve realized that I can flip ahead stem upside down to get some rise for more upright sitting position which I found even more comfortable.
It looks like the weakest on this bike are the tires and inner tubes – when I’ve inflated to 90PSI one of inner tube burst, so I had to patch it and then inflated it to 50PSI which works well for 65kg of me, but I am intending to invest in good tires and tubes for Christmas 

• Viking Trekking