Order cancelled 3 weeks ago - still battling for refund

gc99's review of Bike Outlet www.bikeoutlet.co.uk

“Order cancelled 3 weeks ago - still battling for refund”

Written on: 12/05/2012 by gc99 (1 review written)

Placed order 3 weeks ago, cancelled it the same day (i.e. before it was shipped) as realised I ordered the wrong item. Refund promised, nothing happened. A week later contacted them again, promised again. Another week later contacted again and again more promises.

Nothing seems to move these guys. Very glad I paid by credit card, as now my credit card supplier is looking into it.

I doubt these guys are dishonest. Just hopeless I think - either way, they give the industry a bad name. Irony is I thought it was good to give business to someone other than Wiggle/Chain Reaction.... puts you off supporting the small guys in the future.

Really poor customer service - wouldnt risk buying from them again.

• Wheels £310

Guest's Response to gc99's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

hi did you get your refund?

Guest's Response to gc99's Review

Written on: 30/05/2012

Same issue here. I ordered hope hoops and a few other bits and pieces. A week after I ordered I phoned them because I'd gotten no sort of confirmation of order but the money had left my account. I asked if the wheels were actually in stock. They said they were and that they would be shipped early the next week. Almost two weeks later I phoned again to ask where my wheels were. They said they were not in stock and wouldn't be for several weeks. I was moving from my shipping address so I asked them to cancel the order. They said that was fine, and sent me an email saying they would process the refund shortly. More than a month after that communication, and a few gentle phone and email prods later, I still don't have my money. They are not returning my emails and avoiding my phone calls. I will never buy from them again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Vexed12's Response to gc99's Review

Written on: 15/05/2012

Hi have you had any luck getting your money back, had loads of problems with these guys! Thanks