Ash Cycles

ryanleegramt's review of Ash Cycles www.ashcycles.com

“Ash Cycles”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by ryanleegramt (1 review written)

I have been riding for around three years now and have had my fair share of bike failures. I have visited mechanics at Evans Cycles, at Halford Cycles, Brick Lane Bike Shop and various small mechanics. I have found that there are alot of guys that either dont know what they are talking about or simply dont care about the quality of their work.

It is great to find AshCycles as their mechanics are top notch. The first broken bike I took to them had a faulty bottom bracket which has stripped the threading on the driveside almost completely. I loved this bike but after many attempts to trying to fix this myself it seemed that the threads were stripped and my bike was destined for the bin... I took it to AshCycles and they installed a new bottom bracket and rethreaded my frame. The bike feels brand new and the price was fair.

I have since been back with another of my faithful steeds. Again more bottom bracket problems. This was a bit of a nightmare as I had seemingly lost a number of spacers ( lots of lateral play) and the bearings were in a bad state. Post repair the bike feels brand new and the bottom bracket is rock solid.

If you are looking for a mechanic that will actually fix your bike properly and with a nice friendly service thrown in for good measure then look no more.

• Goods purchased & cost