Sevylar Riviera = Great fun...but buy a skeg!!!

tommygun77's review of Aquascene - www.aquascene.co.uk

“Sevylar Riviera = Great fun...but buy a skeg!!!”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by tommygun77 (1 review written)

After trawling the net for an inflatable family friendly kayak I stumbled upon the Aquascene website(good times!!) I purchased the sevylar riviera and with the next day delivery my nautical adventures began sooner rather than later on a reservoir in deepest darkest Galloway.
The Riviera is very easy to inflate with the two pressure gauges very easy to read and understand to ensure the correct amount of pressure has been achieved (so far so good!)
As someone who last paddled a kayak more than 20 years ago myself and my 14 year old son set of into the great blue yonder.....with a bit of team work, i.e me paddling and my son steering we managed something like a vague compass bearing "we will head over there oh well over here will do instead!!"
after paddling about for an hour we declared the maiden voyage a minor success.
The inability to go straight almost fractured the father and son bond, (son shouting at me to paddle and myself screaming at him to steer properly!!) Whether this is down to our inexperience or a fault with the boat I do not know. To restore maritime relations I have just orderd a skeg which should correct our only but major problem with the riviera.

marks out of 10
service/delivery 10/10
quality 8/10
ease of set up 10/10
value for money 10/10
steering 4/10
fun 11/10 :-)
domestic harmony 0/10 :-(

Great value great fun but....BUY A SKEG!!!!

• Goods purchased & cost