Quality could be better, but they gave prompt refund

bobetjo's review of Vistaprint www.vistaprint.com

“Quality could be better, but they gave prompt refund”

Written on: 08/10/2011 by bobetjo (14 reviews written)

I ordered 200 corporate business cards and approved the design template provided. When they arrived they were sufficiently different from my expectations that they were not useable. Our corporate logo was in a faint pink box (which it should not have been, the proportions of the card was different to the screenshot. The 'premium' card was not premium.

This was a real shame, since if my order had been fine there was the potential for thousands more.

There was no response initially to my emails so I raised it as a Paypal dispute which seemed to get some action. After one phone call I was assured of a full refund and within ten minutes I got an email from Paypal.

So full marks to customer service staff.

Having read previous reviews, Vistaprint's problem is that it sells the online view as what customers will get. Whereas, just like other printer, it relies on pantone numbers. Once you get your head round that, it might be possible to get what you want. But that requires some work and knowledge.

Vistaprint lets you assemble your card from componets, such as logos and images, on the screen. However they fail to tell customers that the backgrounds may appear the same on the image borders, but to a computer are different. Hence boxes around logos.