Saved a bundle by creating a bundle!

MrTambourineMan's review of CompareandSave - www.compareandsave.com

“Saved a bundle by creating a bundle!”

Written on: 10/09/2012 by MrTambourineMan (12 reviews written)

After years with the same electricity and gas supplier I eventually decided that the prices had got too high for even me to ingore, so this weekend's mission (aside from booking the holiday) was to find better suppliers or get the current one's cheaper. I phoned BG and Southern and both of them did a great job of fobbing me off - Telling me that my prices were competitive, the wholesale prices were up ra-de-ra! Dead end!

With that avenue closed off I started looking for a switching website like USwitch, but every time I started to complete the form I noticed they were asking for loads of details that either, I didn't have or weren't pertinent to giving me a price.

After a couple more searches I discovered (recommended on my favourite review website) the Compare And Save.com energy-helpline so I gave that a shout - not expecting much on the weekend. Now it might be that my will-to-live had all but gone by the time I spoke with them, but they were great. Yes I actually had to speak with someone, but I got a quote without having to offer every piece of personal information I've ever had and much to my surprise (NOT), the price was considerably less than BG/Southern said was good. I'm now bundling everything together and going with EDF - which should save me well over £200 per year (£20 per month!). I can't say that switching was painless, but to know that I'm not being taken for a mug any more...Priceless!

• Gas and Electricity Bundle