Travel success!

RonnyW75's review of CompareandSave - www.compareandsave.com

“Travel success!”

Written on: 30/08/2012 by RonnyW75 (6 reviews written)

I recently went on a trip around Europe visiting several countries. These were Slovakia, Austria, Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia. The biggest thing that I had to think about for the trip was how I was going to manage my currency across these different countries. Most carry the Euro so that was straight forward but Hungary and Croatia do not. I wanted to find out if there was a product that I could use so that I didn't have to carry loads of cash (I stayed in hostels and travelled everywhere by train, many overnight).

I was told by a friend who travel a bit last year to look at prepaid cards as they do ones that offer multi currency and it would be cheaper that using my normal debit card that the bank would charge me for. I decided to Google prepaid travel cards and I found the above website. They had many cards listed with all the details I needed to make an informed choice. I ended up going for the My Travelcash Multi Currency Card. The main reason for this was that it offered free ATM withdrawals. This meant I could load my cash onto the card and then just carry the card and get may cash as and when I needed it. Fantastic!

I was really impressed with the layout and easy of use that compareandsave.com offered and even managed to sort out some travel insurance at the same time! Double bonus!

Well done compareandsave.com for offering such a great service. I have bookmarked and will be coming back when I need any other financials products, most likely my car insurance renewal!