Happy Switcher

smithy.junior's review of CompareandSave - www.compareandsave.com

“Happy Switcher”

Written on: 24/08/2012 by smithy.junior (4 reviews written)

Well, I've just got off the phone from the Compare And Save energy line and as I promised on the phone here is the review I said I'd post.

After waking yesterday to the news that Scottish & Southern were going to try to sting me for 10% increase in energy I thought I'd better switch & fix before everyone else hikes prices. I tried a few of the usual websites, but they all seemed very data hungry which put me off. Eventually I found Compare And Save (it wasn't easy to find) and noticed they had an 0800 number I could call direct so I scribbled it down and called them first thing today.

To my surprise I got straight through to someone - I actually had a magazine in hand ready to be put on hold, so that pleasantly took me by surprise. The lady at the other end of the phone (I think her name was Vicky - sorry if I got that wrong) was great - so polite and helpful. We went through various different scenarios looking at what we might do in the future (moving house etc) and found a deal that, albeit marginally more expensive than my currently deal, is fixed for 3 years and make the 10% hike S&S want to push though seem obscene.

It's rare to find someone who genuinely takes the time to help you - I've worked in a call centre and I know they try to rush you onto the next call, but over the next 3 years I'll be spending as much as a small car so I'm very pleased I know we looked at all options before committing us.

All thing be as they are I'm very happy and will certainly call them again (in 3 years time!)