Secured myself ;o)

Selina12's review of CompareandSave - www.compareandsave.com

“Secured myself ;o)”

Written on: 26/07/2012 by Selina12 (5 reviews written)

After a few torrid years for my finances (mostly my own fault) I have been looking for a way to improve my credit profile, so I'm not chased out the bank if-and-when I ever get the deposit for house (it's a dream!).

Anyway after being refused for credit cards recommended by different websites, I'd kind of given up hope until yesterday when I happened upon what seems to be a dark and dusty corner of the website "CompareandSave" - called "Secured cards". In terms of comparisons there isn't one! There's just one lonely card - The Capital 1 secured card. The basic idea is that you put some money down (£200 for me) which covers your credit limit (I guess so that if you don't pay, they don't get stung). For this Capital 1 report back your credit history to Experian and over time your score improves (in theory) and when you ditch the card they give to you the money back - seems like a great idea.

I've looked about and it seems that Capital 1 are the only one's doing this in England, but there are banks in the USA that do the same sort of thing.

I applied yesterday and have actually been accepted!!! Anyway because I hadn't heard of this card or the website "CompareandSave" before I thought it would be useful to others in a similar situation to me.