Gas switch nice & easy

KatieWebster's review of CompareandSave - www.compareandsave.com

“Gas switch nice and easy”

Written on: by KatieWebster (5 reviews written)

On hearing about more record breaking profits at British Gas on the news this morning (whilst the rest of the country struggles through the recession) I decided that enough was enough and have switched my Gas supplier to teach them a lesson (hope others do too).

I went to a couple of well known switching websites to start the process, but for some reason they wanted to get my email address before they even helped me - WHY? I get enough SPAM without websites taking an open invite to send me more. Eventually I came across CompareAndSave.com and called their 0800 energy number. The guy on the line (who's name I have unfortunately forgot) was really well spoken and helpful.

After working out what I use per year (not much apparently) we went through a few different options. In many respects it was like my re-mortgage - you either get a cheap price (for a short time) or you pay a little more and you can fix - which is what I did. I now don't need to worry about it again for another 3 years and I'm saving about £50 a year. It might not be much, but better that I got it rather than British Gas!

Overall I was very happy with the service and would call them again.

• Gas