bad fish dont buy

platinim's review of Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“bad fish dont buy”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by platinim (1 review written)

So 3 years ago I bought some guppies from pets at home within 2 weeks my whole tank had be wiped out by white spot. Fastfoward to a couple weeks ago and me being the extremely forgetful person I am buys 2 goldfish for my pond (that didnt look that healthy in the store) 1 died within a matter of hours the other vanished which to this day I still cant find anyway a few days later I wake up to 1 dead goldfish (note I hadn't had any deaths for over a year) I inspect the fish notice nothing unusual but take a water sample to my local dobbies (water had been tested a week before I bought the fish n was fine) again the water was perfect. Next day wake up to another dead fish then another I with no signs of any illness n the water being fine I go out and buy a air pump thinking the heat is playing a part n lack of oxygen. Next day another dead fish the morning after 2 more and another in the afternoon on this one I spot the slightest bit of whitespot (which could only have comes from pets at home) so im now 100s of pounds worth of fish down and just started treatment for whitespot today (cost 20pond) and im expecting more deaths.

AVOID AT ALL COST