I'm no hamster expert.......

DebzM24's review of Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“I'm no hamster expert.......”

Written on: 22/01/2012 by DebzM24 (9 reviews written)

Having had hamsters all my life I decided to get my wee girl 3 chinese dwarf hamsters for her birthday. I was aware that females would fight if living together so I requested 3 males.
When asked why by staff I was pretty shocked but the boy was so sweet and quite obviously new (do pets at home train new staff at all?) I said that females fight and the boy gave me 3 male hamsters.
They lived together in a 4-storey cage fine for a while but then the fighting started. It was tame at first then became really vicious, ended up having to move one of the hamsters into his own cage (cost £25)
The other 2 seem ok but I have the sneaking feeling that I have 3 female hamsters!!! hmmm

• 3 chinese dwarf hamsters and XL cage £45

Guest's Response to DebzM24's Review

Written on: 26/02/2012

hi, I have had experience with male chinese dwarf hamsters who also fight, cost me a £50 vet fee due to a fight between my 2 brothers, by the way chinese dwarf hamsters are one of the easiest types of hamster to sex as males have very obvious and large balls sticking out from under their tail much in the same way as rats do, females do not have this.

Guest's Response to DebzM24's Review

Written on: 19/03/2012

duh male hamsters fight WORSE than females so dont bklame pets at home.