Misadvertised products & policies, poor customer service.

peevedisanunderstatement's review of Pet Planet - www.petplanet.co.uk

“Misadvertised products & policies, poor customer service.”

Written on: 20/06/2013 by peevedisanunderstatement (15 reviews written)

Hi, i'm writing a review of an order i originally placed a few days ago. It was only when i got my email confirmation that i realized one of the products had been misadvertised as the tag line on the website differed in description from the one listed in my order confirmation. In the order confirmation it said any item could be cancelled off the order before dispatch so i emailed requesting this be carried out. When i had received no answer by the next morning i gave them a call and got through to a very rude woman called Denise who said that only the whole order could be cancelled and she couldn't tell me when the funds would appear back in my account. Despite protesting that none of this was my fault and that it was petplanet who had misadvertised their products and their policies i was put on hold for ten minutes ( on a mobile!) and then was told i couldn't speak to a manager. Angrily i put the phone down and proceeded to speak to my bank. I was told that petplanet would have to fax over my details for them to refund me the same day instead of waiting the legal require of a week (for my bank anyway). I wasn't happy with this but rang up petplanet again and was once more put through to Denise. She was completely unhelpful and said that this just wasn't something the company would be prepared to do. I believe what happened next was that i phoned again and got another adviser as this time i was transferred to a manager. Again i explained the situation as well as what the bank asked me to do but she said she was very uneasy about faxing over card details - but only after i gave them to her! Very odd really but she was also very unhelpful over how to proceed and would neither reinstate my order or just take the one item off of it. In desperation i rang the bank again and this time got through to someone who was happy to get the funds bank on my balance that day and sure enough they eventually went back. I rang petplanet and again spoke to the same manager to say that i had resolved the issue and that i would like any card details given to her to be safely destroyed. Whether or not this was carried out i don't know but when protesting that i wanted to be compensated for the appalling service i received i was offered a measly £5 gift voucher. Better than nothing i suppose but considering the amount of money i had wasted on the phone waiting to be transferred to people i wanted a better apology than this. I also have no idea whether Denise was appropriately dealt with. All in all i'm not very impressed. You have no idea what you're truly getting until your order confirmation (if you get one), postage is very high and apparently my re-ordered items were posted today and yet ive received no confirmation from the courier. The prices on the site also leave a lot to be desired quite frankly and when it comes to dealing with people in their customer service team its like speaking to robots who haven't been programmed properly - they're rude unhelpful and without any warmth. This is meant to be a site for people who have pets - surely they'd be a bit more enthusiastic and dare i say it...nice? I would avoid in future - there are cheaper pet websites out there. I just wish i'd taken longer to look around.

• Goods purchased & cost

Petplanet.co.uk's Response to peevedisanunderstatement's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear of the problems encountered with your order. which I understand has been resolved.

Kindest regards and once again my most sincere apologies.

Fiona Kirkwood