worst for delivery - DO NOT USE

Guest's review of Pet Planet - www.petplanet.co.uk

“worst for delivery - DO NOT USE”

Written on: 15/03/2013

I am beyond disappointed and cannot see a single reason why I should order from Petplanet again.
This is now the THIRD time they have let me down with the deliveries. I already had the last order sent back to you as Parcelforce was incapable or delivering.

Why do you offer customers to enter alternative delivery instructions in case we are out? Parcelforce has ignored these EVERY SINGLE TIME. Why is it impossible for either Parcelforce to follow these instructions on the parcel - or why is it impossible for you to pass on these instructions? It is beyond infuriating that I have to time and again chase my dog food delivery for days on end.
Parcelforce, on its website, charged £5.50 for "delivery to an alternative address". Is this the problem? If Parcelforce doesn't deliver to an alternative address, why do you offer this option in your checkout procedure???

I find it equally odd that Petplanet knows about the problems I have had. I have repeatedly complained about the deliveries. When they used City Link, I had a delivery man berate me to the point that my neighbour was ready to intervene. I had been in the shower and was apparently not at the door fast enough for him. I called you to complain about him - and nothing. Not even a follow-up. I am not even sure Petplanet ever took up the incident with City Link.

My most recent order from Petplanet I had returned to you as it seemed impossible for Parcelforce to deliver it either to me or to the alternative contact. Both of us were home at the time - but Parcelforce was not capable of delivering. The order placed on Sep 27 was also only refunded on Oct 26 - one month later! - and without the delivery charges! It was Petplanet's/Parcelforce's fault, and at the very least, they should have refunded the delivery charges.

I wonder in general why, despite the many problems I have had with Petplanet, they never even offer any compensation. But to not even refund shipping charges when you fail to fullfil a contract is really beyond belief.

In conclusion: Order from Pets at Home from now on.

P.S. I tried to send a complaint to their Feedback page - it didn't work! It kept asking for a valid email address, which I had entered. Beyond useless company. I also chased them up about this delivery today at 1:30 p.m. and had no reply by the end of the day.

• OK

• Still waiting

Petplanet.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

Hi.

I am so sorry to hear of the problems encountered with your delivery. However, I understand a member of my Customer Care team has now been in contact with you.

Kindest regards and once again my most sincere apologies.

Fiona Kirkwood