Watch the "rate" you are recieving

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

fredfred445's review of The Fuelcard Company - www.thefuelcardcompany.co.uk

“Watch the "rate" you are recieving”

Written on: 15/08/2013 by fredfred445 (1 review written)

We started off with these people promising the world. The cards arrived, and then we realised the promises we had been made about keyfuels weren't quite true - see previous review. Once you get your head around how keyfuels work (find the HGV filling sites and learn how to hold the HGV nozzle to fill a car/van), then we got to grips with keyfuels.

The first invoice arrived however, and we realised we were paying well above pump price (about 5p/litre. It was even more expensive than a motorway service station!)

We then stopped using them, and shopped around. We applied to the fuelcard co again without realising it (they have a fake "comparison" website, where you dial in your details, and surprise surprise, the only people who they recommend are themselves!).

They then said they could do us a better tariff, and put us on quite a good price (about 10p below average pump price). We were off and away.

We even, about 3 months into it, raised the credit limit because we kept hitting our credit limit, which they happily accepted.

This persisted for about 5 months, then suddenly, without warning, the price started creeping up again, over a period of 2-3 weeks

I contacted them, was told price of diesel, you get it cheaper because it is a bunkered service, but that means it is more sensitive to price variations, etc, etc.

Then I realised we had slowly been put back onto the stupid "over pump price" tariff. I contacted them again, and they denied it, until I pointed out that they are 4p/litre more expensive than the local M1 motorway services.

It was at that point they claimed we had recieved an adverse report from Experian (despite nothing having changed). After a couple of weeks wasting time waiting for non-existent callbacks, I finally spoke to someone who suggested we leave a "deposit", so then they could put us back onto the better price.

One to avoid. For reference - we have made £180k clear profit in the past 6 months, and have sent them accounts to back this up. We have never missed a payment with them, and our average weekly spend is around £500.

I do not like being held to ransom without warning, being lied to about the cause of the price rise, then being treated like an idiot.

They should perhaps remember that they are dealing with people who run a business, not some council estate tenants who are always running into debt.

AVOID. I agree with all the comments on the previous review, although we were on a different product.