Paypal Gave Bad Advice, Cost Me Money And Ignored E-Mails.

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

TinaJedi's review of PayPal - www.paypal.com

“Paypal Gave Bad Advice, Cost Me Money And Ignored E-Mails.”

Written on: 01/07/2012 by TinaJedi (3 reviews written)

On 12/6/12 I bought a Satlink WS-6906 for £64.99 from Sainstore through e-bay. The item's firmware could only be upgraded by an RS232 connection which I do not have on my pc.
Sainstore accepted the return and refunded the £64.99 for the item and £21.40 return postage.

Paypal charged me £1.25 for receiving the £21.40. I asked Paypal about this and they sent an e-mail with 8 different answers. Because Sainstore was refunding the return postage I thought this would be classed as some sort of refund. I followed the best advice in the e-mail from Paypal and returned the £21.40 and asked Sainstore to return the money using an option in the e-mail. Paypal then charged me 20p for doing this.

Sainstore sent me an e-mail saying they had already sent the £21.40 and to check my Paypal. Sainstore completely ignored the attached note and all other e-mails I have sent explaining what had happened.

Only after explaining this to Paypal they said that I was charged the £1.25 because it wasn't in the original payment and said because I returned the £21.40 the charge of 20p was because I was a seller and so they will keep the 20p. I have never been a seller through Paypal. I have only ever bought items through Paypal. Paypal has completely ignored the reasons I have given them and they will not acknowledge that they gave me bad advice. Now Paypal are completely ignoring my e-mails.

I asked E-bay if they could just explain this to Sainstore wondering if Sainstore would return the £21.40.
E-bay asked for the item number after saying they couldn't find it on their system. I sent E-bay the details and all they could say was to ask Paypal about the charges.

Altogether I paid £64.99 for an item and paid £21.40 to return it to China at Sainstore's request. I was expecting a total of £86.39.
Now after Paypal charging me and using Paypal's advice (which I now know was bad advice) I only have £64.79 of this money with a loss of £21.60.

I seriously feel that if I gave Paypal bad advice which cost them money I would have all sorts of legal threats accusing me of fraud.