Deceitful Paypal - Buyers using Ebay Beware

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

louloudt's review of PayPal - www.paypal.com

“Deceitful Paypal - Buyers using Ebay Beware ”

Written on: 31/10/2011 by louloudt (1 review written)

I recently tried to sell a dress on ebay and was asked to 'VERIFY' my bank account details. So I duely entered my bank details on the following page as requested and paypal stated that they would put two very small monetry amounts into my bank account over the next few days and I was to watch out for them, enter the amounts online via paypal website and then my account would be verified. So I did what was asked and my account was verified.

However when I received my bank statement, they had in fact set up a direct debit and that every purchase I made on ebay was paid by a direct debit method (or not if there was no money in my account therefore the direct debit was bouncing and I was incurring bank charges at £35 each as a result). I rang paypal and spoke to a man called Ewan who stated if i had read my terms and conditions when i first opened my account (12 years ago) it states that they can ask my to verify my account at any time by either opening up a paypal credit card or via a direct debit method. I replied saying that at no time was I informed this was a scam to get people to set up a direct debit and that I was misled. Why use the term verify in the first case when they clearly wanted your bank details for other reasons? Ewan said that there will always be people like me who dont read their terms and conditions and that I should refer to them regularly.

He was then reluctant to put me on to a supervisor as he said that they would not say anything different at all. Finally I got to speak to one who was really abrupt and said if I wished to complain then I can write to their complaints team in Luxemburg but that it was my error and not theirs.

Up until now I have never had any problems with paypal but this has demonstated how every company out there is simply trying to rip people off no matter what the cost. They have lost all sense of reason and if you do have a complaint you come up against a brick wall and have to write to a faceless address. Oh and be careful of the Paypal and Ebay app on the smartphones, apparently paypal did not create them and are therefore not responsible for their content!

So anyone asked to VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT think twice before doing so!

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

Guest's Response to louloudt's Review

Written on: 31/10/2011

Been there done that. Watch out with your account verified even if you remove the checking account from paypal if paypal sends a request to your bank your bank will honor the payment. the only way to completely stop paypal from accessing your bank account is to pay your bank a stop payment fee for paypal transaction(s) or open a new bank account.