dont get contact lenses from the crewe store

martine3866's review of Vision Express - www.visionexpress.com

“dont get contact lenses from the crewe store”

Written on: 19/08/2012 by martine3866 (1 review written)

went to my local store back in may to be fitted with gp lenses as i have a very high astigmatism these lenses were the best option for me my prescription for glasses is R +7.75/-500/250,L +7.50/-425/165, i was going back and too for 3 months to try and get these right finally on the 4th august got the final pair and was told to try these, at the time of fitting i told neel that i couldnt see through the right lens but was told it was a bit dry and when i soak them in my own solution they would be fine. i went home with the lenses but they didnt get much better so i rang them and was told to go back in to see him so on the 11th i went back and he tried different power lenses over my contacts and told me there was nothing more he could do. I kept trying these lenses for a few more days and my right eye was throbbing so i went back in on thursday 11th august Neel was on holiday so i spoke to Matt who i believe is the store director and was told by him that the 90 days that the manufacturers give them to get them right was up and also told that they had wasted too much time on me, at this point i just felt disgusted at what had just been said to me. The following day i rang a different optician up to make an appointment to have a contact lens check his finding were as follows over refraction was found R 6/24 +1.75/-1.75x 27.5 = 6/6 L 6/12 +0.75/-0.25 x150 =6/6 present acuity is only just within legal driving standard-some comfort issues wearing lenses as well as poor vision. well i was shocked at how wrong my prescription was if the new optician could get my vision right why couldn't vision express the previous week. I went into see matt the Store Director and showed him the letter i had received from the new optician. then got a full refund im now going elsewhere and will never use them again

• £199

Visionexpressfeedback's Response to martine3866's Review

Written on: 29/08/2012

Dear Martine3866,

Very sorry to hear about your experience at one of our stores, could you please give us further information via http://vexpress.me/e67hfQ so we can investigate directly with the store.

Kind regards,