Left Feeling Conned & Mistreated by Tesco Opticians

Nze-A's review of Tesco Opticians - www.tescoopticians.com

“Left Feeling Conned & Mistreated by Tesco Opticians”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by Nze-A (1 review written)

It is not the first time I have experienced a very poor service from Tesco Opticians, unfortunately, especially from the Manager.

A week ago, I requested from Tesco Opticians, two pairs of varifocal glasses following my previous experience with Tesco Opticians when I obtained a single pair of glasses whose frame became bad after a few months and left me with no glasses for over 18 months (since the frame I chose at the time was no longer in circulation).

The two pairs of glasses I recently requested qualified for the BOGOF offer - currently advertised by Tesco Opticians. When the sales staff (who incidentally processed my order) brought only a pair of glasses I drew her attention to the fact that I ordered two. She went to the shelf to retrieve the second pair but came back and told me I only order a pair of glasses because I got photo chromatic lenses. Therefore I would have to pay more money to get two pairs.

I got photo chromatic lenses as according to the sales staff, it was part of the package for free. I was neither told nor given any information that the BOGOF would NOT apply. I do recall she said a pair would be photo chromatic and the other simply varifocal.

I was therefore not given any opportunity to decide to proceed with buying my glasses with Tesco Opticians or NOT.

Moreover, I did mention to the same sales staff about my initial bad experience with Tesco Opticians before making payments for the new sets of glasses - a week ago. To my amazement, I have been disappointingly left feeling deceived and mistreated twice.

If could score Tesco Opticians a much less rating, I would!!! They are simply happy to take your money and leave you feeling short changed.

• Goods purchased & cost