Obnoxious Manageress Chesterfield Tesco Opticians

497Keith's review of Tesco Opticians - www.tescoopticians.com

“Obnoxious Manageress Chesterfield Tesco Opticians”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by 497Keith (1 review written)

I ordered 2 pair of glasses, 1 pair readers and the other 'occupational' lenses,basically another word for varifocals but in 2 parts the glasses have a different prescription as opposed to 3.Right from the start Id informed the optician my reaction to varifocals in the past and that I suffered from at time,severe vertigo and glasses like this in the past have made me go very dizzy and sick. He prescribed these to see how i got on with them to which I said I would know immediately if these weren't suitable. That was fine! APPARENTLY!! I knew within the first hour at work (I use a PC for 8 hrs a day) these were not for me. To cut a long story short,the manageress ended up giving me back my full payment of nearly £300 as I refused to leave without this. Had this woman known anything about customer service and to make sure customers come back time and again,I would have been happy to have had replacement lenses, but her rude,obnoxious,patronising manner and attitude made me lose total faith in tescos opticians.
TESCO,TAKE HEED...if you want your sales figures to increase,get rid of this young manageress who is more bothered about the title than what it actually means....after 32 years in customer service management,i know what I'm talking about!! P.S This is not an isolated incident with this woman, If Id have know about the complaints and bad reputation this woman has for customer service and customer satisfaction, I would never have gone there in the first place!! She is a liability!

• DIRE

Watching14's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2014

I totally believe this person! I had a similar experience and so did my neighbour. The manageress was very intimidating and sold me glasses that was not suitable. I felt bad as she made me believe I was making a fuss. Not nice at all. I'll go to Boots in future.