Shouldn't have gone to specsavers

Lofty67's review of Specsavers - www.specsavers.co.uk

“Shouldn't have gone to specsavers”

Written on: 25/08/2014 by Lofty67 (1 review written)

Nipped into Hucknall branch for an eye test as I hadn't had one for 3yrs.i was fully tested and was told my old glasses were ok for reading and didn't need new ones but was advised could tweak lenses and make new ones sharper still. I took the plunge and bought some new reading glasses. I went to collect following wk and whilst in store I ordered sunglasses and explained I wanted them for driving in and out and about. Following wk I collected them and used them but aft 20 min or more I was getting headaches and my eye site has got worse I now need my reading glasses not for very small print but for bigger print. So in 2wks since getting my reading glasses and sun glasses my eye sight has rapidly got worse. Called in to store and explained my issues glasses were checked and was told they are ok but would book me another eye sight check. Called in for eye test only to find that my reading glasses had one wrong strength lens in them and sunglasses were made for distance work only. The store had both pairs back and sorted out with correct lenses all now ok apart from me needing to use them more prob due to wrong strength lenses fitted but they won't admit to that. Apart from my issues all staff I have seen were helpfull and friendly and store clean and tidy.

• Reading glasses and std sunglasses