Results - great, customer experience - lacking

0800 023 2020

harvey83's review of Optical Express Laser Eye Surgery & Opticians - www.opticalexpress.co.uk

“Results - great, customer experience - lacking”

Written on: 20/02/2013 by harvey83 (1 review written)

I had Lasik surgery at the Harley Street clinic 10 days ago and so far the results have been impressive.

I had severe shorsightedness of around -8 in both eyes and currently have better han 20/20 vision. There's no denying the impressive outcome.

However the overall customer experience was not great. The clinic has seen better days, the toilets were dirty and the overall atmosphere was like an NHS health centre waiting room. Not what you expect when you're paying thousands of pounds.

My consultation appointment was an hour and a half late with reception staff offering no explanation. I waited an hour on my day of surgery before having the final pre-surgery tests done - and you really don't want to be waiting around for long periods of time if you are feeling very anxious prior to surgery , very unpleasant. I then waited around again for an hour befor my actual surgery. My follow up appointments have run late. I didn't find the surgeon to be overly friendly or reassuring, which is something I really needed given my anxiety.

Optical Express ned to invest time and money into making their scheduling work to offer a better customer experience.

• Lasik Eye Surgery

Opticalexpress's Response to harvey83's Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

Hi harvery83,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and experience. I am glad to hear that you are very happy with your clinical outcome and enjoying the benefit of laser eye surgery.

I am sorry, however, to read about your thoughts on other aspects of your experience. I can assure you that I will pass all your feedback on to the relevant people within the business. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy for you to contact me directly at customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com.

Thanks,