Unnecessary delay in opening.

carene's review of Boots Opticians - www.boots.com/en/Opticians

“Unnecessary delay in opening.”

Written on: 01/12/2012 by carene (1 review written)

My disabled adult daughter broke her glasses on Friday night. Without them she can see very little. So, I arranged to take her to the opticians, Boots at Weston Favell, Northampton, first thing on Saturday morning.
We arrived just after 9am, and were surprised to find the shutters down, although there was an opening hours sign giving Saturday's opening time as 9am.

Through the glass door, the staff could be clearly seen sitting around a desk drinking coffee. They could see us too. There was a young man waiting as well, he had a driving test at 10am and was also in need of his glasses.

Eventually I noticed an A4 piece of paper stuck to a window quite a way from where we were standing, with a drawing of a clock set to 9.20, stating that staff training was going on. If we had seen that initially, we would have been able to use the time more profitably than just standing outside getting cross.

At last, a few minutes after 9.20 the shutters were lifted. I complained about the delay and the poorly located notice. I also suggested that if staff training had to take place on a Saturday morning, perhaps it should happen at 8.30am. I was told that they couldn't do this as the time was set by their central management.

After this, my daughter's glases were sorted out efficiently, and she was given new frames.

On leaving, I suggested that it would have been better had they placed their notice close to the list of opening hours. I was told that it was in a good position for people approaching from the other direction.

Although the technical expertise was OK, I was very unhappy with the attitude of the member of staff who dealt with us, and as a family we shall seriously consider going elsewhere in future.

• repair - new frames needed.

Visit boots.com