Do not be tempted by computer component prices

spuj's review of WAE - www.waeplus.co.uk

“Do not be tempted by computer component prices”

Written on: 28/11/2012 by spuj (3 reviews written)

I ordered five items to do a new PC build - case, motherboard, CPU, memory and cooler. The web site showed all items in stock and I was tempted by the very good price and reasonable customer reviews. Bad mistake! I ordered these supposedly in stock items for delivery in 3-5 days. I first called WAE+ on day 6 to discover that 2 items were out of stock with no prospect of re-stocking. Thankfully I was able to cancel these and have been promised a refund. I finally recieved one of the items on working day 9. With day 11 approaching there was still no sign of any of the other items. I called about the remaining two items every day until day 22 to be told each time that they were in the warehouse about to be shipped. WAE+ wouldn't cancel the order and for some reason were in cable of shipping it either.

One thing that WAE+ was very efficient about was billing my credit card for the full order amount! The only redeeming virtue was that I have been able to contact them on the phone although the last time took numerous attempts to get in the queue followed by a 55 minute wait. I did finally manage to cancel the order and I'm waiting for the refund. Thankfully I used Mastercard so could get a refund from them if WAE+ doesn't pay.

• £450