Cannot deliver what they promise!!

LesleyKemp's review of Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

“Cannot deliver what they promise!!”

Written on: 14/08/2014 by LesleyKemp (1 review written)

needed some material for an urgent project Id been given for he next day so googled "Same day stationary" ... and Viking appeared to be the most promising.
Viking does all the right things but cannot deliver on what it promises.
My order was at 927am in the morning so well within the time frame for same day. I was told it being a centre of Manchester postcode they could deliver same day and then I waited, and waited and waited...... When at 505pm I called the premium rate customer line I was told it wouldnt be delivered that day but the day after.... I could have cried!
Sadly I didnt learn and gave Viking the benefit of the doubt. I have ordered again for next day delivery (so not too stretching for them you would think?) Sadly no..... despite putting four neighbours door numbers to try on the delivery note to leave my parcel..... they have driven away from my address with my order and maybe will try again tomorrow.
Lesson learnt..... cancel my account!! One bad experience is bad luck, 2 bad experiences is bad judgement on my behalf.
PS (Does Vikings bosses read these??? Fools if they dont as Im sure they dont purposely get up every day and say "today Im going to run a Bad business!!!"
wake up guys..... customer reviews are integral to your business.

Additionally the call centre staff are lovely... but thats it they are just lovely, nothing else!!!
Not effective or even bright enough to use their initiative.... just nice people who cant do anything for you regarding your issue..... but heh... its keeping them in a job as we call on the 0844 number at a premium rate... they talk nicely but meaningless stuff for ten mins.... plus add a bit of hold music in..... hey presto, we've paid their salary!!
Its goodbye to Viking for me now..... I will stick to those established retailers who know what they are doing..... Ryman, Smiths, Staples....

• Various