Really not very good at all

v0rny's review of Viking Direct www.viking-direct.co.uk

“Really not very good at all”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by v0rny (1 review written)

Painful experience all round. Items claimed to be in stock at time of order are actually out of stock and not being replaced. BUT you only get to find out that this is the case if YOU contact THEM. They charge you prior to despatch and then you have to fight to get the money back.

Despatch emails are useless - Your order has been despatched - that's it, that's all you get in the message. Not unreasonable to expect to actually receive your order rather than just a single item on it and no ETA of the missing items.

Live Assistance is painfully slow (presumably because they're having to talk to many people at once), still doesn't get what you need sorted and are unable to find out where your missing items are or why you've been charged when there is no corresponding invoice on your account.

As a business we use their sister company Office Depot and only resort to them if it happens to be considerably cheaper or if Office Depot is out of stock. We have very few (if any) issues with Office Depot so I can't understand why Viking are so consistently disappointing.

I thought it was just me but having googled Viking Reviews while in a long and drawn out conversation with their Live Assist and finding that it's quite widespread, I've made the decision that my last order really was my LAST order. No point going to them for items that are out of stock at the other place if it is going to take several days before you find out (and only by chasing them yourself) that they are actually out of stock with them too and then have to wait an unreasonable amount of time to get your money back!

• Shelving, cabinets, fans

• Still waiting

Visit viking-direct.co.uk

Vikingteam's Response to v0rny's Review

Hi

Thank you for your feedback, we are really sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced.

If you could advise us of your account details, we would be happy to investigate and address the issues you have raised.

Best regards

The Viking Team

V0Rny's reply to Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

And I should just post my account details on an open forum should I?
I don't think so.

I'm hoping the refunds and missing items are being dealt with this week while I'm out of the office.

If not, I guess I'll be back here...

Vikingteam's reply to V0Rny's Comment

Hi

Thank you for your response. We would not recommend you post your sensitive information on an open forum.
Our customer service contact details are:
[removed]

Best regards

The Viking Team

V0Rny's reply to Vikingteam's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

Review Centre will not let you put contact details in your posts - they've removed your details.

However, I don't need them as I'm not some sort of mentalist keyboard warrior whose first resort is to leave bad reviews the second something doesn't go my way. I have contacted your customer services on many occasions.

I get the impression that no-one there knows what's going on, I get the impression that there are no records being kept about past customer conversations or delivery problems with your larger furniture items. The reps are quite civil about it but the conversation always ends with 'I'll look into it and call you back' (incidentally, unlike many other complaints on this page, I DO generally get called back, I just don't get the refund or the missing furniture). Why aren't records kept electronically so everything your customer service reps need to know is at hand.

Fans for instance. Three were ordered, none were delivered, no emails to tell me this was the case, the delivery note for the other items just suggested they would be delivered separately.
When I emailed, I was told that they were out of stock and WOULD NOT be getting restocked. BUT you charged me for them anyway.

Another call about another missing item and I brought up the subject of the fans again - 'oh yes, they're out of stock at the moment and on back-order' I was told. I told them that I wanted the order cancelled as I wasn't prepared to wait for an unknown length of time, certainly not for something that the previous rep had told me would not be restocked. Not a problem they said. That would be about a week ago, still no refund. Your sister company, Office Depot only charge when they despatch an item, why aren't you doing the same? This then would never have become an issue, I could have shrugged it off as just unlucky not getting the fans in the height of summer when everybody else is looking for some. I can't shrug off you taking payment for goods you never delivered and have no intention of delivering.

viking-direct.co.uk