Atrocious Customer Service, Misleading Pricing but Excellent

MalcolmKennedy336's review of Solopress - www.solopress.com

“Atrocious Customer Service, Misleading Pricing but...”

Written on: 26/05/2014 by MalcolmKennedy336 (1 review written)

DELIVERY TIME: Excellent
PRODUCT DESIGN & QUALITY: Excellent
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Atrocious
PRICING: Misleading. You may end up paying MUCH more than advertised. If you decide to use them, budget for twice as much as advertised because you never know what else you will be charged for. Trust me, they will milk you dry.
ADVERTISED: £70. ENDED UP PAYING: £126.
TEMPLATES: Abysmal. Nowhere near as good as Vistaprint's. Designed to make it as hard to design so that you end up being charged extortionately after being left with no choice but to use their design team who charge an arm and a leg.
INSIGHT: If Vistaprint made roller banners, Solopress would struggle to sell.
STARS: Zero. It is a shame you have to start at 1. Maybe one for delivering on time.
WOULD I USE SOLOPRINT AGAIN?: Never. Not even at when desperate.
VERDICT: I would not recommend them, not even to my enemy. Not good when things go wrong.

WANT TO LEARN MORE? READ FURTHER

Having tried to design a roller banner using converted to PDF, I was emailed and texted to be informed that the order had been put on hold. I rang them to find out why. A male staff member took my call and asked for my order number which, admittedly, I did not have on hand. Before I could explain, he just put the phone down. I rang again and spoke to a different person who asked for the order number. I asked him to use other order details, e.g. address, postcode etc since I did not have my order number on me. He did this and accessed my order without any problem. I was then told my PDF artwork could not be printed into a roller banner as it was A4. Instead, I had to use a template on their website.

I downloaded the template only to realise it was not compatible with any software on my computer. I tried downloading a trial version of the necessary software but it was taking ages. I phone solopress again and, unfortunately, the same person answered it. He repeatedly hung up on me. When I said he was leaving me with no option but to cancell my order he asked for my post code and told me the order was now cancelled. I told him I was going to complain and hes asked what it was about and then he hung up.

I phoned again and pressed a different option and spoke a different lady, more polite this time. Surprisingly, the order had not been cancelled, contrary to his claim. I asked this lady what my option was and was told to pay an additional £20 for my design to be sent to their design team to do the roller banner for me. I agreed as I really wanted this banner done and had no time to look for alternatives.

After about 15 minutes I received an e-mail from someone in their design team saying that my artwork was 'pixilated' and the quality would not be good enough. For this to be improved, I was told I would need to pay an additional £45. I asked what the £20 I had been charged was for in the first place? He referred me to a different person who told me that she would remove the £20 and charge £45 instead. There was no explanation on why I had been charged £20 and then £45. They exploited the fact that I needed the banner urgently. What they forgot was that I would not be using the again. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are absolutely abysmal when things go wrong.

If you are 100% sure things will never go wrong, then go ahead and use them. Otherwise DON'T.

CG.