Terrible service, shop elsewhere!

Elliott_Pearl's review of Office Supermarket - www.officesupermarket.co.uk

“Terrible service, shop elsewhere!”

Written on: 01/12/2012 by Elliott_Pearl (2 reviews written)

The first thing that attracted me to this company was the guarantee of next day delivery. I took a day off work in order to receive the order (a desk). It was not delivered the next day. I phoned multiple times during the day, to be told the order had been dispatched and I should wait until 5.30pm. I then called back at 5.30pm to be told that all after-sales offices are now closed. I then had to take the next day off work losing a full day's wages. After many phone calls and e-mails they would not offer more than a 5% discount on the order amounting to £11.50 on a £230 order. This was unacceptable given the loss of earnings, and breach of contract on their part. Furthermore, It took multiple emails before they responded to my first.

The next problem was the actual delivery. Upon purchase over the phone I was asked and made it clear that it was a residential delivery, and it was to an upstairs flat. The only information the salesman offered in regards to this was that they only deliver; they do not assemble the desk, which was fine. When the deliveryman showed up, he simply dropped it on the curb and left, refusing to bring it in to the flat. I later found out that this was in the terms and conditions. Would it not make sense though to inform a residential buyer, living upstairs of this when making a sale on the phone?!?! Further to this, I was told if I did not accept the delivery as it was far too heavy for me to carry, not only would I not be refunded, I would be charged further for refusal to accept. Then, just to make matters even better, the deliveryman refused to take the wooden pallet with him that the desk was delivered on.

In a time of financial difficulty and slow trade in all areas, this company displays absolutely no customer service of any kind, and I could not recommend more shopping elsewhere.

• Ergonomic Desk £230