Terrible

Guest's review of Furniture at Work www.furnitureatwork.co.uk

“Terrible”

Written on: 03/07/2014

I bought a desk from Furniture at Work that they lied about in the description. They said it required minimal assembly. It had 70+ nails, screws and cams to put in. Not a problem, I am a DIY-er but a lot of people would not have appreciated being given false information.

When I started assembling the desk, I realised that all of the cams were already in place, in the holes where I should have put them. Soon it became clear that the cams were faulty and were blocking the holes so it was not possible to drive in the screws necessary to assemble the item. This must have been someone else's returned item hence the assembly has already been started by someone else. The help phone number quoted in the manual belonged to the desk maker (Alphason) but no answer. Phoned Furniture at Work and explained I wanted to return the faulty item. After a delay of 10 days, they emailed me to say this was not possible because I no longer had the original packaging to wrap it in. This is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard. This was a desk, a heavy item. If I still had the original packaging it would not have been possible to wrap the heavy parts back in. If this was a washing machine would they have wanted it back in the original packaging? Next step: a trip to the recycling plant to get rid of the rubbish I bought from these people. And over £ 200 wasted.

Now that I found this review website, I realise from the other reviews I was dealing with a company that hides bad products and appalling customer service behind the fancy website

Buyer be ware.