FP Mailing - Not a reputable Company

Guest's review of FP Mailing Folder Inserter Machine www.fpmailing.co.uk

“FP Mailing - Not a reputable Company ”

Written on: 19/10/2012

After watching the Panorama program \"Reading writing and rip off's\" I decided to look through all the contracts my employer had in place for printers, scanner and folding machines etc.

I was horrified to find that FP Mailing had charged almost 3 times more than the RRP to lease a Folding inserter machine!

I spoke to the account manager who told me and I Quote "well you were happy at the time so I'm surprised you are unhappy now" and confirmed she received a bonus for the renewal.

I then passed my complaint onto the customer services manager who after 10 days replied with a diary of events and a copy of the signed contract and no explanation what so ever.

I have passed my concerns onto the Leasing advisory Service so will update you with an outcome.

Please stay away.

• Lease over 5 years

• Up to a week late

Mjd360's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2013

My review applies to a Franking machine from this company. I agreed to rent a machine having previously used Pitney Bowes some years earlier who were also dreadful. After a few weeks, the ink quality on the franking was so poor that the post office refused the mail. This cost me around £15 to stamp the offending letters at the Post Office.

I called the company and they said there may be a fault with the ink cartridge and to post it back to them and they would send another one out at a cost of "£130". If a fault was found with the original cartridge, then they would refund me. fair enough. they sent the cartridge back saying it was fine. A few days later the same problem occured with the NEW cartridge. I called them and they arranged for a new franking machine. Now its OK.

The problem is that they will not refund me for the £130 cartridge as its been used even though the fault was with the machine. The cartridge life is 12 months and so by the time i get to use it, it will have gone off.

It doesn't really work out cheaper to use these things. My advice is to order £2000 worth of stamps before the price increase in postage and you will then save just as much money in the long run.