Steven James Guitars - Acoustic Guitar Buy

TP12345's review of North East Guitar & Amp Centre - www.northeastguitar.co.uk

“Steven James Guitars - Acoustic Guitar Buy”

Written on: 12/05/2012 by TP12345 (1 review written)

I've now bought 3 Acoustic guitars from Steven James in the store on Linthorpe Road.I also bought a set of drum sticks and a tuner/metronome from there. All the products I've ever bought have been TOP QUALITY and I mean it.

The service was EXCELLENT, Steven himself is a really down to earth guy, excellent musician and great/fair business man. I took in a (pretty dire) Dean Tradition with a little acoustic amp that came with it for a part exchange for one of his brand new "Faber FD6's" (the ref. number inside says No.000001 so it was the first off production line). He gave me a better price than I expected, told me exactly what he'd do with it (sort out the action and perhaps sand down the bridge) and how much he'd sell it on for- went back in and he did exactly that. The new guitar the "Faber FD6" is the best guitar I've EVER played for £200! (in the sale but still!) As they were a new company their introductory prices were small but the quality matches up with the premium guitars. I also have a martin which I love and was more expensive, but there's just something about the sound of the Faber that does it for me. Best buy ever. All the staff are really helpful - the amount of times I've just sat in the shop testing guitars and having a play is un-countable but they don't mind their service is incredible. Although no-one is quite as sound as Steven, Andy and Steven's son who also work in the shop are just as helpful!

Finally, if you're not asleep by now, is that when I was talking to Steven about buying my new guitar he discussed with me how he chooses the guitars in his store. Unlike "Musical Endeavour" the other music store in Middlesbrough, Steven looks at each price bracket and gets the best QUALITY guitars in each- regardless of name. I quote: "why bother selling someone a naff guitar just for a better margin? If they're a beginner then they won't want to carry on playing if they don't like the guitar and if they're experienced then from a business perspective they're not going to come back." He really cares about guitar playing and the people who play guitar. Priceless service.

Best music shop I've ever been to if I'm 100% honest.

• Faber FD6, Various Picks, Metronome/Tuner, Martin OM-X

Northeastguitar's Response to TP12345's Review

Written on: 26/10/2012

Thank you ever so much for your fantastic Review, It means so much to us, and enables us to keep up the good work, supplying quality instruments at great prices, in a no pressure environment.
Thanx again,