DON'T DO IT! (you'll live to regret it)

Guest's review of GAK - Guitar, Amp, Keyboard Centre www.guitarampkeyboard.com

“DON'T DO IT! (you'll live to regret it)”

Written on: 08/06/2011

For a company that was based in the UK (that is, in the same country as the buyer), the service was awful. I was told to wait till the end of the month for my order. When this came, I tried phoning only to spend a half hour being ignored by a call centre seemingly manned by one person (I mean seriously, how many complaints can one office get?). When I emailed I was promised a delivery on the following Wednesday and thus devoted a whole day to waiting around for a hypothetical delivery van that never showed. Eventually I just got sick and tired of waiting around and cancelled the order. Time wasted: 24 days.

The pricing isn't too bad. When you ignore Ebay, they tend to be lower than most competitors. But the service is so bad that it almost doesn't matter. The mind boggles as to how they could be receiving the reviews they do on Amazon, when anyone who orders via their main site is expected to wait up to two months for "next day delivery".

Try ebay, try amazon, just whatever you do, DON'T try GAK.
And don't do what I did and just assume living in a big city might mean that the bad reviews somehow won't apply to you - I live in London of all places and have yet to see the guitar I ordered.

• Stagg G 300 SG style guitar & Peavey Audition Amp; £164