My Smart Marketing Ecommerce Website Design Nightmare

TinaWID's review of The Smart Marketing Group - www.smartuk.net

“My Smart Marketing Ecommerce Website Design Nightmare”

Written on: 04/09/2013 by TinaWID (1 review written)

Smart Marketing has been constructing our website for 3 months now, despite being told we could be up and running within 6 - 8 weeks, we are still a long way off of going live with no date for completion of many outstanding points. I am constantly having to chase, constantly asking for timelines or updates and receive nothing back. I was told by the sales man that I would have CSV upload functionality but was given a first phase website with no CSV functionality, almost 3 weeks later I still do not have it working in a functional manner and have no confirmation of when I will. Our website is B2B but prices are shown gross again no timeline for when this will be changed almost three weeks later, and our delivery charges still do not work. We are a start up company and Smart Marketing claims this for start ups in a blog

'These days, it is inconceivable not to have a website. Smart can offer E-commerce and CMS websites that are quick to implement and cost effective. '

Three months later I disagree with the quick to implement statement and it is only cost effective if the website is up in a timely manner, we are loosing thousands every week this website is delayed. Last week someone apparently was working on our website but nobody knows what has been done or what is left to be done, it appears we are not scheduled for any work to be done this week, nobody can confirm if anything will be done next week. This is my worst nightmare, I have payroll, rent and other overheads to meet, I have lost a months worth of income already, looking like I am about to loose another months worth, I have no idea when I am going to be able to earn a living, it is scary and I have been put in this position by Smart Marketing.

Formersmartmarketingclient's Response to TinaWID's Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

Smart Marketing - can only agree to all the points here - we waited months and months and ended up with nothing costing us 10s of thousands. Totally incompetent!

Shellycaf's Response to TinaWID's Review

Written on: 26/02/2014

Good luck! I have finally found a lawyer that specialises in this kind if thing to go ahead and take them to court. I sincerely hope you get somewhere with them.

Oromed's reply to Shellycaf's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2014

Good Morning!

We had the same experience, with Smart Marketing. Now we are going trough courts to recover our money.
We could use the assistance of your lawyer and would be thankful if you could get in touch with me.

Mrman1's reply to Shellycaf's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2014

Hello they haven't completed our site and it's been 12 months, please get in touch with us RE your solicitor we should all stick together against companies like this!

Smartuser's Response to TinaWID's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

We have written a critical review but it has been taken off! This may have happened to many others.

Smartuser's Response to TinaWID's Review

Written on: 20/01/2014

Exactly the same experience-no one knew when or what was being done. So many problems that took ages to resolve.

Connedagain's Response to TinaWID's Review

Written on: 16/12/2013

We have had the same problems and still not got the finished product and we are now taking them to court, my advice don't pay till you get the finished product and don't believe anything they tell you.