DON'T BOTHER WITH ITC

Guest's review of ITC Probate Legal Services www.itclegal.com

“DON'T BOTHER WITH ITC”

Written on: 03/06/2013

My partner passed away in December 2011 I was recommended to use ITC to deal with the probate by Barclays Bank. I gave them all the documentation that they asked for but they then decided to query the Will made by my partner at a local firm of Solicitors. After three months they decided to contact my late partners Solicitor (who drew up the Will) to check whether or not it was actually prepared by them. This was confirmed both over the telephone and in written correspondence. There was no trouble with bank accounts etc., the main thing was getting my partners home registered into my name at HM Land Registry and a cash payment from my late partners employers. After a period of 13 months, and not receiving anything from ITC despite numerous telephone calls and letters I asked them to return to me all the paperwork and I would instruct a local firm of Solicitors to register the property in my name. I took ITC 2 months to forward the paperwork to the local solicitors and then without the Grant of Probate, which is common knowledge would be required by the Land Registry to register the property into my name. No Grant of Probate was received from ITC until 24th May 2013, 17 months after my partner died. Luckily the local Solicitor I used knew what he was doing unlike ITC and applied for a copy of the Grant of Probate and dealt with the transfer and registration of the property in a two week period.
Please avoid ITC at all costs.

Written on: 05/06/2013

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have raised in your post above and I would very much like to look into these for you. If you're able to email your case reference number and name to smsupport@itc.co.uk then I will be able to investigate your concerns. Many Thanks

Julie1952's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

Sorry but I do not see the point of supplying you with the information you have requested because you will probably do what you have done with my previous complaints and enquiries which is absolutely nothing. Whilst you were supposedly handling my case I made numerous phone calls to your offices only to be told that the person who was handling the matter was either "not in the office" or "unable to take the call" and that they would be asked to phone me back. I did explain that I could only be contacted by telephone before 10.00am or after 3.00pm as I would be at work and un-contactable between 10.00am and 3.00pm. Yes somebody did phone back but when I was at work and again I had to ring you and go through the whole procedure again. So basically I have lost all confidence in your company as it appears 1: No idea what you are supposed to be doing and 2: absolutely no concern for your clients, who at the end of the day are paying your salary.
I would not recommend your ITC to anyone.

Written on: 05/06/2013

Once again I'm very sorry that you do not feel your complaints have been dealt with during the course of your case. My role is specifically to help deal with complaints in a customer services capacity, so if you are able to send me any case references and details then I would personally look into this for you. Many Thanks

Julie1952's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

My details are as follows:
Case ID 39069
Contact ID 704609
ITC reference number 834336-39069
The last correspondence I received from yourselves was from the Case Manager, enclosing the Grant of Probate 16 months after the death of my partner..
I look forward to receiving a fully detailed response, by letter, as to why all the delays took place within the next 10 working days. Unless I hear from within this period I feel I will have no option but to take the matter further.

Written on: 07/06/2013

Many thanks for this information.
I will now look into the details of your case and contact you as soon as possible. Before I look into the full details of your case, at this stage I cannot promise to have all the answers within 10 working days but I will certainly be in touch within that time frame.

Cornwall71's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2013

Very well put.

Written on: 19/06/2013

Thank you again for the information you provided. We have now fully reviewed the case and will be writing to you at the address provided on your case file. If this address is likely to have changed, please could you email your amended contact details to smsupport@itc.co.uk. Many Thanks