Reluctant Refund

Bertie-G's review of Nigel O'Hara Jewellers www.nigelohara.com

“Reluctant Refund”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by Bertie-G (0 reviews written)

Watch I ordered was a good price and arrived in good time.

The one star is purely for refund. The Bulova watch I ordered for my wife's anniversary present had letters printed on the glass, not as advertised. This made it look cheap, nothing like the £628 I paid for it. I sent it back, 2 days later they sent me an email stating they had received the watch. Month later, no refund, credit card late fee and interest. Called the number (Only sales number given on website, no accounts dept or manager) they said accounts dept very busy and it is not an automated system. I explained that me tapping in a 16 digit credit card number, expiry date, 3 digit security number is not automated, but still takes only 30 seconds. Week later, no refund, called again. Another week later, no refund, called again, got a mangers email address. Sent email to manager, week later no reply.

Finally went to Trading standards website, got a template for a refund letter, sent it. Week later, refund.

If you buy from this store, be 100% sure it's the product you want.
If you send something back for refund, send the Trading Standards letter template with the item, otherwise you are in for a long wait.

• Bulova watch £628