Lack of service

KathrynMorrow297's review of Nigel O'Hara Jewellers www.nigelohara.com

“Lack of service”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by KathrynMorrow297 (1 review written)

I ordered an item some 13 days ago it was a guess item. Paid for it in full on this date as you would expect. Was told the item was to be ordered in especially. The only updates I received were when I requested them from the company. Was told 13 days after the Oder that the item could not be obtained. Which was fair enough. I then requested a refund and was told have to wait 5-7 days bearing in mind this was a birthday present and I had to go out and pay out again for another one. I was also told it could take up to 28 days in busy periods. I rang their customer phone number and was told he couldn't help me but I would have to email them. There was no phone number I could use. I contacted them on several occasions during this fiasco.
But to top it all the item was still being advertised with a further reduction bearing in mind it cannot be supplied. So someone else was still able to our purchase and pay for this item. This was for a guess necklace

Anthonycj's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

Good luck with trying to get your money back. I am currently in the same position. It seems this retailer is notorious for the kind of behaviour you described in your review, advertising goods they do not have in stock and holding on to your money for up to 28 days.

Written on: 04/07/2014

This seems to be a common problem with this company. Advertising things they can't supply

Written on: 04/07/2014

It is now 4th July.i ordered on 13th June. No change here still no refund received a reply to my email fobbing me of again.I have now put this in the hands of my credit card company.

Hineshah's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2014

I placed an order on 26th April. They fobbed me off for a while saying they are trying to get a hold of the manufacturer blah blah! I requested a refund on 2nd June. Still waiting for it. I even rang them up directly and they confirmed I would receive my refund and a confirmation email within the next 24-48 hours. As expected, nothing happened. I have decided to go through my credit card company to get the refund.

Written on: 09/07/2014

I think that's the only way to go with these people. I emailed them again and said I would not be dealing with them any more and I had taken legal advice. I received an email back stating the manager had passed into the finance dept. we will see. My credit card company are claiming this back. Wish you luck.