What a joke this company is

Zimvirus's review of World Stores www.worldstores.com

“What a joke this company is”

Written on: 29/12/2013 by Zimvirus (1 review written)

What an absolute joke this so called "company" is...........if there was an award for the worst customer service and the worst quality products it would go to WORLDSTORES.

So it started with us wanting to buy our little boy a new bed for his third birthday, he loves pirates and ships as most boys do so we got onto Google and found a pirate ship bed from NEXT which we intended to buy just before the day and have it delivered in time for me to build.

My wife in the mean time found a similar bed online from.........you guessed it WORLDSTORES. We placed our order along with the mattress for the bed and I took the time off work to build the bed the day of his birthday so when he came home it would be all ready for him, I was so excited to see the expression on his little face, however I never got to see that!!!!!!

The bed turned up on the day it was supposed to but to our amazement no mattress?!? My wife spent a few hours trying to contact them by phone at PREMIUM rates whilst also trying to work but however had no joy. We sent them numerous emails but again had no response over the course of a few days. They eventually made contact with my wife and confirmed that the mattress was out of stock and they would be sending it out as soon as they had it in stock but couldn't say for definite when this would be.

To cut a long story short we eventually got the mattress delivered about two weeks later, by this time our sons birthday had been and gone, I had lost a days wages as I am self employed and spent an absolute fortune on the phone trying to contact these useless excuses of people (I so badly want to say a lot worse).

When I got round to building the bed after taking yet another half day off work and losing more money I noticed it was damaged in a lot of places and very VERY poor quality. We took photos and emailed them AGAIN only to hear nothing AGAIN, we emailed some more only to hear nothing again. We threatened to seek legal advice in our last email which prompted a swift response and they agreed to deliver a replacement and return a few days later to collect the damaged one so our son wasn't without a bed. They would not refund us because we had missed the 7 day return rule, IF we had have received the mattress on the agreed date with the bed we wouldn't have missed your 7 day rule!!!!!

Anyhow we received the replacement and I took yet another half day off work and lost more money. I stripped the damaged one down and moved it all down stairs and opened the packaging of the new one only to find it is even worse than the first one..........I was FUMING. We took pictures straight away and sent an email back to them and have heard nothing as yet which was now almost two weeks ago. Our three year old boy is now sleeping on the FLOOR in the middle of winter during Christmas and we are NOT happy.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS from WORLDSTORES..............

We have now had enough of being messed about and being ignored and will be seeking legal advice from CONSUMER RIGHTS on the 2nd of January and I am in the process of putting a very detailed report together for BBC WATCHDOG.

For a £281.47 bed it has cost us approx £400 in lost time and money phone calls etc etc etc . So all in all in the region of £681 we have lost, HOWEVER I will do my damnedest to get every penny back even if I have to drive to their registered address and dump it all on their doorway and wait, I WILL!!!!!!!

DON'T waste your time or money please people.

• Goods purchased & cost

• A few weeks late

Worldstores's Response to Zimvirus's Review

Written on: 30/12/2013

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems with your order. If you could please email your order number to
help@worldstores.co.uk , I can look into your order and contact you to resolve.

Best wishes,
Prachi

Zimvirus's reply to Worldstores's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2014

Prachi,

I will send my full report in tonight but if you had have responded wks ago when i emailed instead of now this might have been resolved! I have since reported the company to BBC Watchdog and will be talking to Consumer Rights, Trading Standards and CAB tomorrow. I have had ENOUGH of being ignored as i said in my review, this will now be delt with professionally and hopefully for your companies sake you will not ignore that. As consumers we have rights and unfortunately for your company you have neglected to excersice any care in hat fact.