An Horrendous Experience

Sherwoodjon's review of World Stores www.worldstores.com

“An Horrendous Experience”

Written on: 18/11/2013 by Sherwoodjon (1 review written)

Placed an order for three pieces, two mattresses and one bed. Waited in on scheduled delivery day - no show. Over the following week I spent £32 on calls (mainly on hold) trying to find out where my goods were. Total waste of time, new arrangements were made day after day and not honoured. I had taken the week off work to have new floors laid on the ground floor so delivery of the beds on the Monday was important before work commenced midweek. I had to cancel the floor laying to accommodate new delivery dates which were not fulfilled. They finally arrived the following Monday, a week late, requiring me to take a further day off. My daily online complaints finally generated a totally inadequate 'apology' on the Saturday. My formal written complaints subsequently have been totally ignored and not even acknowledged after six weeks. World Stores obviously rely on the average aggrieved customer such as myself just giving up in the end. What else can we do, it is not worth suing, it is pointless phoning and when they will not even answer your letters the frustration and anger only takes over your life; so you just has to put the entire horrendous experience behind you and move on. God help anyone else who tries to do business with this firm. Unfortunately I did not research this them prior to placing my order or I would have seen that there are many, many more suffered the same fate as myself. They appear to have so much business that Customer Service has been deemed as superfluous to THEIR needs. Irony is the goods themselves appear fine.

• Double Divan Bed & Mattress Plus 2nd Double Mattress £469.97

• Up to a week late

Worldstores's Response to Sherwoodjon's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

Hi,

I am really sorry to read about the problems you have experienced with your order. I can assure you that we do care about all of our customers and their experience and I am really sorry that you have been so badly let down on this occasion. I would like to investigate what is going on and help get this resolved but there are no contact or order details attached to your review. Please could I ask you to contact us with your order number and contact details so that we can look into this further? You can contact us via the help section of our website, please send FAO Prachi.

Kind Regards
Prachi

Sherwoodjon's reply to Worldstores's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2013

I have responded as you requested via your website.
I can, if you provide an email address, send you a copy of the 5 page complaint sent to the only address that I could find after a comprehensive online search. One copy of this was sent addressed to the company itself and a further two, to supposedly senior management members of World Stores on the 7/10/2013.

Marbly12's reply to Sherwoodjon's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

Yes Prachi done it to me ,asked me to contact him but did not give a email no he's useless,

Sherwoodjon's reply to Marbly12's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

It will be interesting to see if I hear from him again. It is all somewhat pointless really, nothing they can say will undo the mayhem endured that week or change anything. Thing is I need another mattress now but will not be in touch with this lot about it!