1st & last time

Guest's review of Thompson & Morgan www.thompson-morgan.com

“1st and last time”

Written on: 29/09/2013

I ordered in September plants for my daughters wedding arrangements for June. The cornflowers "the bride" despatch by end of March 2014 it said. That is when I wanted the plants. However, 10 days later still in September they turned up. They were the smallest plugs I have ever seen and had been sent 2nd class royal mail. Consequently 3 of them were beyond saving and the others were very yellow. I paid £4.95 postage so expected 1st class posting. I now have to overwinter these plugs which I did not want to do. As they cost £9.99 before postage these plants have now worked out at over £1 each and add in the postage and they are £1.50 each and I shall be very surprised if the remaining 9 survive. First time using T & M and my last. I emailed to complain and got a voucher code for £10 off my next order and a silly explanation that plugs are despatched 2 weeks either side of expected date. Mine were 6 months before expected date. I dont even want to use the voucher now with them.

• Goods purchased & cost

Braidman's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2013

Best thing is to e-mail them and ask for your full money back, making sure they include the cost of postage as companies are very,very good at forgetting on purpose postage costs!

Thompsonmorgan's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

I am very sorry to learn of your recent experience with Thompson & Morgan and even more so because your issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

We value your custom and I am very sorry for the disappointment caused. This is not indicative of our usual service and I hope you will give us another try.

If you can kindly provide me with your order number, I will be happy to investigate this matter further for you.

Kind regards

Natalie
Customer Care
Thompson & Morgan

Wilyconsumer's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2013

Order No W4642525
Your ref: TM1063723X
I have already had a response to my email of 21/09/13 which did not address my queries especially about the PolianthesTuberosa bulbs which she appeared to think were spring flowering bulbs when they are in fact extremely delicate summer flower bulbs.

Thompsonmorgan's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If you can kindly check your inbox I have emailed you personally and I hope I have been able to resolve your query to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do to be of further help, please let me know.

Kind regards

Natalie

Wilyconsumer's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

I have now been contacted direct by T & M and have been promised a refund and replacements at the due time. It is good to know that these reviews are looked at by T & M and that they do actually do something to redress bad comments. Its a shame that we have to post a bad review before our complaint is dealt with properly. I had complained but did not get a satisfactory response. My poor feedback remains as it relates to quality and email response I received as a customer but I hope T & M do indeed learn from the general level of reviews on this and other sites.