Miss-selling

IMB1172's review of Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk

“Miss-selling”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by IMB1172 (1 review written)

Watch out!! This company is selling A2 stainless when you think you are buying A4 marine grade. I ordered some A4 grade M8 stainless studding. I received it and saw there was a very small amount of green paint at the end of each of the rods. After doing some research on the net I discovered this meant it was A2 and not A4!! There is no other way of telling on these, so you HAVE to assume that screfix is supplying what it says. Needless to say the possible consequences of this in some structural situations could be terrible. So far I've had no appology from them and am still waiting for a call back. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I'm closing all my accounts with them.

• A4 stainless M8 studding

Guest's Response to IMB1172's Review

Written on: 23/07/2012

I keep seeing more and more bad reviews for screwfix :(
I don't use them any more (haven't done for quite some time now), instead I use fix8 because I find the service much better and the pricing to be very good for all the fixings etc I have need for DIY around the house and garden :)

Mjp101166's Response to IMB1172's Review

Written on: 04/07/2013

Having worked with steel stocks I can advise that there is no *observed* global standard for colour coding metal stocks.
Different refiners,mills,dealers,wholesalers and retailers are at liberty to use what colour they like to identify stock.
Its not neccessarily the wrong grade.

I dont work for screwfix by the way!
However I have been a customer for nearly 20 years and have had fantastic service from them even in the 3 occasions where things have gone wrong.
The advent of Toolstation etc has made them slightly more competitive too.