Absolutely awful & outright liars

Guest's review of Rolawn Turf, Top Soil and Mulch - www.rolawn.co.uk

“Absolutely awful and outright liars”

Written on: 15/08/2012

I have never dealt with such an an unprofessional and rude company in my life. Despite ordering twice previously, they show no loyalty, lack any customer skills and their staff make up lies in their notes.

I had ordered our 3rd lot of Playbark, however, the night before delivery, there were emergency water works and roads were being dug up the next day and I was not even able to park near my home. I contacted them via their website to postpone the delivery.

However, when I spoke to them on the morning of the delivery, I was met with rudeness, ignorance and incompetance.

At the end of a battle to explain to them the issues which were beyond my control they eventually agreed to call the driver and cancel the delivery and was advised a refund would be issued.

However, 6 working days on and I have heard nothing back from them, so rang them and was greeted with yet another foul mouthed women who advised that according to notes put onto the system, the driver attempted to deliver and I outright refused delivery!

I did NOT refuse delivery at all. Infact because I had to cancel with the gardener too (as he had no bark to lay) he charged me £100 for cancelling on him so I was already £100 down.

I was advised by them that I would be charged a cancellation charge of £9+VAT, however, I have disputed this and now awaiting for their only Manager to call me back and was advised it could take up to 5 working days for a call back!

My advice? Stay away from Rolawn and also Wickes (as they use Rolawn too) and find a more respectable supplier of bark.

• £135

Rolawn's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2012

Rolawn would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, without which we would not be able to improve our service.

We are sorry that our communication, both internally and externally did not deal effectively with the issues surrounding your order. With incoming email queries we do state on our website that a response will be received within a maximum of 5 workings day, but we do prioritise issues concerning existing orders and usually respond within a matter of hours.

Rolawn are proud to sell premium products which meet our customer expectations the vast majority of the time. Similarly we run a delivery service that has to meet customer expectations and, whilst we may not get things right 100% of the time, in the vast majority of cases customers report a more than satisfactory buying experience.

We are happy to hear that your order was successfully redelivered to you on Tuesday and trust the matter is now resolved to your satisfaction. If we can provide any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0845 604 6085.