Shocking beyond belief...

MissRachelFox's review of Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

“Shocking beyond belief... ”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by MissRachelFox (1 review written)

Please, please, please do NOT waste your money with this appalling excuse for a 'company', all of the negative reviews on this site are absolutely accurate and I believe all of the positive 'customer testimonials' left on the 'Gardening Express' website were probably written either by people who work for the company, or friends and family of those who work for the company. I only wish I had done a bit of research on 'Gardening Express' before placing an order with them via Groupon (which by the way must be the only way these rip off merchants drum up any business whatsoever). I placed an order for 6 Hebe Evergreens via Groupon and paid £24.99 for these plants (that apparently had an original value of £74.95) what an absolute joke! 5 instead of 6 very sorry looking, sparse plants arrived some 11 days after placing my order, looked absolutely nothing like expected, and were half dead! These plants were in terrible condition, however looking at the state of the battered and torn box they arrived in, this didn't come as a surprise. Alarm bells should've rung out loud when I contacted 'Gardening Express' via telephone 10 days after placing my order to find out when my order was to be dispatched, after having heard nothing from them or Groupon about my order. I got through to somebody who sounded about as intelligent as a monkey, someone who sounded like they had no idea what they were talking about and someone who also was rather rude! This was simply supposed to be a straightforward call to find out when my order would be dispatched- I don't think it's unreasonable to call to enquire over a dispatch date some 10 days after placing an order, having heard nothing. Although, looking at the other reviews on here, it seems that's a very short period of time, when there is clearly people on here that have been waiting months and months for their order from Gardening Express, and still received nothing. When I called Gardening Express they couldn't give me a definitive answer as to when my order would be dispatched, I kept being told I was going to be put on hold, but was actually transferred from advisor to advisor, before finally speaking to a gentleman (named Nigel) who told me (and I quote verbatim) to "simmer down"! Not quite the customer service one might expect. Although he was extremely rude and patronising he was able to give me a definitive answer as to when my order would be despatched... The order arrived the day after in the aforementioned state. Once again I got onto the phone to 'Gardening Express', trying to explain the state of what I had received. The individual I spoke to (Chantel) clearly couldn't be bothered listening to what I had to say and was extremely rude to me before hanging up on me! In absolute disbelief, I called straight back to speak to a 'Manager', and I use that term very loosely, for he behaved nothing like a manager- he wouldn't listen to me at all, kept interjecting, was also very rude, then also hung up on me! I was nothing but pleasant and polite on the telephone, and in no way aggressive or acting in a manner that might warrant this sort of response. I got off the phone in absolute disbelief! Not only at the shoddy, substandard products that had arrived, but at the way I'd been spoken to by not just one, but ALL of the advisors at Gardening Express, I cannot believe that anyone would speak to customers the way these guys do, but that is Gardening Express, they are obviously a complete sham of an outfit, and seem set up only to rip people off. I have got nowhere complaining to them, so have escalated the matter with Groupon, and I am also beginning legal proceedings against Gardening Express, out of sheer principle. Gardening Express should not be allowed to treat people in the way they do, and send out absolutely sub standard products, but if more people don't do something about this they will continue to trade, and rip people off, DON'T let it happen to you- these people are the rudest, most incompetent bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with- please believe the negative reviews you have read, these rogue traders will cause you a lot of heartache. I am only glad I spent a small amount of money with them and thankfully not hundreds of pounds like some of the poor reviewers on here. Take heed.

• £24.99