Echinacea Hell!

Braidman's review of Crocus www.crocus.co.uk

“Echinacea Hell!”

Written on: 30/05/2013 by Braidman (3 reviews written)

Ordered 9 echinacea plants through The Daily Telegraph but the invoice was from Crocus, they arrived well packed but the ""plants"" in 9cm pots were only single shoots not plants as I know them!
The compost was completely sodden, and most of the ""plants"" were completely rotten, just mush!
They replaced 7 of them, these arrived from RHS plants, and were exactly the same as before!
When I contacted them again they said after about a week waiting that they had contacted one of their gardening experts who said I should plant them and give them a chance for 3 to 4 weeks this with plants that were completely rotten!
They have refunded half of the cost and I am left with two plants that have shown some sort of life!
And to cap it all, crocus was supplying plants to some of the show garden at Chelsea, bet they received better plants than me!

So Daily Telegraph, RHS and especially Crocus hang your heads in shame!

NEVER AGAIN!

• Echinacea £65.00

1Katya's Response to Braidman's Review

Written on: 05/06/2013

I complained about my order of plants (that were not even fit to be planted in my garden) in a detailed letter to one of the Directors, who couldn't even be bothered to reply. I accepted a refund of half cost, which was a mistake, as the plants went on to die completely. Yes it is shame on them: as well as Chelsea, they supplied the plants for the Jubilee Barge last year.