Crocus: as good as a garden centre

Guest's review of Crocus www.crocus.co.uk

“Crocus: as good as a garden centre”

Written on: 05/09/2012

I first used Crocus a few years ago, and I wasn't that impressed with them. However, I am planting up a large flowerbed and wanted a particular grass that I could only find on their site, so I thought I would give them another go.

The plants were ordered three days ago, and they arrived this morning. Unlike some other companies, these are full sized plants not tiny plants to grow on, and they all arrived in great condition.

In the past I ordered plants from other much cheaper online companies, such as J Parker or Spalding, and received tiny plants that take years to grow to maturity. The plants that arrived today from Crocus are in large pots and can be planted immediately.

If I have any criticism at all it is that I could not select my day of delivery, so it was just good luck that I was at home when they arrived. That might be important for someone who is working.

All in all, I am delighted with the service.

• Various plants, including grasses and shrubs for £70.07

Andykenny86's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2012

what was the 'particluar grass' that you could only find on their website?

Sueinessex's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2012

The grass I wanted was Molinia caerulea subsp. Heidebraut, which I am sure must be for sale elsewhere, but I contacted a couple of places I found on the RHS plant finder, and they were out of stock. Crocus were selling large plants for under £5 . It is a fabulous grass, wonderful colour and the three plants I purchased even had some 'flowers' on them.